We are kicking off the new year with some new guests, new featured artists and fresh inspiration for 2015, first up is the insanely talented Kelly Tyack of kelly m photography from New South Wales Australia. Kelly has been submitting work frequently to our timeline for the last year and it didn't take long for us to notice her brilliant conceptual, surreal and contemplative works of art. She is one who stands out from the crowd and makes no excuses, her photography is brave and solid. An artist clearly true to who she is.
Kelly M Photography
1. How long have you been in business and how did you start in photography ?
I learned to shoot manual about 12 months ago. Recently I have truly accepted the beauty of my interpretation.
2. Which photographers influenced you, and how did they influence your thinking, photographing, and career path ?
Sally Mann is outstanding. Modern artists including Tytia Habing, Maryann Gobble, Katy Tuttle and Sarah Landa have all unknowingly provided great support and ongoing inspiration. Inspiration to do your own thing.
3. What is the one thing you wish you knew when you started taking photos?
Do you. Don’t do everyone else.
4. What does photography mean to you ?
Art. The art of me. My art.
5. What is the best part about being a photographer?
The connections. The surroundings. connection + surroundings.
6. If you could shoot with any photographer in the world, who would it be and why?
Katy Tuttle. Powerful, narrative, soulful. Just a little insight into her world would be amazing. (Katy Tuttle + Sarah Landa = divine heaven)
7. What is your favourite image taken to date?
Recent photo - ‘global warming | girl‘ This photo (and series) marks a turning point.
I am free to photograph what the mind sees.
8. How do you feel about breaking the perceived rules of photography? What rules?
Perhaps I have no interest in the rules … (or maybe I am too new to know the rules)